Ducati Bellevue Reveals – Ducati Hyper Explorer 796 Adventure Bike
Ducati Bellevue’s rational behind transforming the Hypermotard 796 into the Hyper Explorer 796 is straight forward:
- The engine in the Hypermotard 796 is a proven, low maintenance powerplant. It has all the features needed in a top class Adventure Bike, including Single Overhead Cam simplicity, 6-Speed, EFI with 80HP. And it’s fuel efficient (60+ MPG).
- The Hypermotard models are narrow, like dirt bikes, with outstanding handling and chassis dynamics.
- Standard cycle parts include double radial-mount Brembo front brakes, inverted front forks, a single-sided swingarm, light-weight wheels and ‘under the seat’ hidden exhaust for outstanding ground clearance.
The end result of this thinking is the Hyper Explorer 796 and a line of Adventure Bike accessories for the entire Hypermotard family:
- GIVI Trekker saddlebag mounting kit (GIVI does not have a kit for the Hypermotard models)
- A luggage rack to mount to the saddlebag mounting kit
- Oil-cooler guard
- An HID lighting kit
Completing the Hyper Explorer 796 package are:
- AVON Distanzia Dual Sport tires
- Fabbi windscreen
- Acerbis hand guards with turn signals
- Conventional (rather than folding bar-end) mirrors
From personal experience though, a couple refinements could take the Hyper-Explorer a step further. Ok, miles further in the case of the California Cycleworks HM69 Extended Range Hypermotard Fuel Tank and Continental Tires’ latest fitment of their definitive adventure tires, the TKC-80s, destined for Hypermotards and Multistradas as Ducatista get a chance to sample a world well beyond the pavement.
Ducati Bellevue is creating Hyper Explorer’s to order by building a new bike or accessorizing your current Hypermotard. So, conveniently, for those who want to hit the dirt on a Duc, current Ducati North America’s Freedom Road Financing applies to a new bike.
Hypermotard 796 – $10,299.00*
Hypermotard 1100Evo SP – $14,499*
Hyper Explorer accessory pricing (installation extra):
- Ducati Bellevue GIVI bag mounting kit – $399.00
- Ducati Bellevue Skid Plate – $399.00
- Acerbis hand guards with LED signals – $169.00
- GIVI Trekker Bags (pair) – $649.00
- Ducati Bellevue Oil-Cooler Guard – $129.00
- Cal. Cycle Works 6.3 Gal fuel tank – $799.00
- Luggage Rack – $199.00
- HID Driving Light Kit – $325.00
Truly, the Hyper Explorer 796 is an interesting proposition for those Ducatista who want to roam a little farther. For more details contact Ducati Bellevue.
* freight and preparation not included
OWD’s Early Efforts in Ducati Adventuring: